RSPH Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is applicable to Rifle-Shot Performance Holdings (Pty) Ltd. (RSPH), Co.Reg.No.2001/014326/07
In order to be able to render the best possible service to its clients, provide the necessary support for its products and services, and to protect our mutual rights, RSPH maintains a database of what it deems to be necessary and useful information.
What information do we collect?
- Your name, company/employer details and contact details;
- Records of correspondence or enquiries from you;
- Details of transactions you carry out with us;
- Details of agreements, contracts, sales and other business-related activities you carry out with us.
How does RSPH collect information?
You may provide personal information to us, either directly or indirectly, by submitting an enquiry about our products and services, whether in writing, through our website, over the telephone, interactions via social media (including Facebook, LinkedIn etc) or other means.
What should I do if my personal details change?
We strive to maintain the integrity and accuracy of your personal information at all times. You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
If your personal information changes at any time or our records appear to be incorrect, please inform us immediately so that we may update or correct our records accordingly. If you fail to keep your information updated, or if your information is incorrect, RSPH may not be able to provide you with the products and services offered to you.
Can RSPH contact me?
We (and other parties previously mentioned) may contact you by post, telephone, e-mail, SMS and other electronic means, to inform you about services, products and offerings available from RSPH, specific RSPH entities, or selected third parties, which we believe may be of interest to you, unless you have unsubscribed from receiving such communications. We will only send you marketing communications if we are entitled to do so under Applicable Laws.
Your participation is completely voluntary. You may unsubscribe or opt out from receiving such communications from RSPH or its entities by accessing your online customer profile by making use of the “Unsubscribe” option available on the relevant communication or by contacting Customer Service at any time.
You may also contact us utilising the contact details set out in this Statement if you have previously asked not to receive marketing communications from us but would now like to hear from us with news on RSPH products and services.
Is my information safe with RSPH?
We continuously implement technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we hold against unauthorised access as well as accidental or wilful manipulation, loss or destruction.
It is also important that you take all necessary and appropriate steps to protect your personal information yourself (for example, by ensuring that any login details, including passwords and access codes are kept secure).
How is my personal information processed?
We take the privacy and protection of your personal information very seriously and will only process your personal information in accordance with the Applicable Laws and this Statement.
Accordingly, RSPH will comply with the relevant data privacy principles or conditions relating to the processing (including, but not limited to, the collection, handling, transfer, sharing, correction, storage, archiving and deletion) of your personal information set out in Applicable Laws.
Can RSPH retain my information?
We may retain your personal information indefinitely, unless you object, in which case we will only retain what we are permitted or required to do so in terms of Applicable Laws. However, as a general rule, we will retain your information in accordance with retention periods set out in Applicable Laws, unless we need to retain it for longer for a lawful purpose (for example, for the purposes of complaints handling, legal processes and proceedings).
What rights do I have regarding my personal information?
You have a right in certain circumstances to request the destruction or deletion of and, where applicable, to obtain restriction on the processing of personal information held about you.
You have a right to object on reasonable grounds to the processing of your personal information where we claim such processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests, your legitimate interests, or the legitimate interests of a third party to which the information is supplied. We may then stop such processing, unless Applicable Laws provide for such processing.
Can RSPH share my information?
We may share your personal information to the extent that it may be necessary to do so with:
- Other RSPH entities, our agents and sub-contractors, third parties who process personal information on our behalf, or our affiliates, in South Africa and in other countries;
- Our business partners who supply us with the products and services we in turn provide to our clients;
- Service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf;
- A prospective buyer or seller of any of our businesses, assets or debt;
- Any person if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any Applicable Laws, or to protect the rights, property or safety of RSPH, its clients or other third parties;
- Other lenders or banks, collection agencies, lawyers, accountants, auditors, regulators and law enforcement agencies, to the extent necessary to protect, preserve or enforce RSPH’s rights and interests in respect of any agreement or any finance document, or to respond to any legal enquiry or to comply with any regulatory obligation.
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties for any purpose permitted in terms of Applicable Laws, including to:
- assess and monitor any of your applications for RSPH’s products or services, including the risk involved to comply with Applicable Laws;
- determine which products and services may be of interest to you and/or to send you information about such products and services, unless you object or choose not to receive such communications;
- keep your usual contact within RSPH informed of the progress of any new applications for services or products, and vice versa;
- have a better understanding of your circumstances and needs to provide and improve RSPH’s products and services;
- comply with Applicable Laws requiring RSPH and/or any third party to collect personal information;
- detect and report fraud and criminal activities, to identify the proceeds of unlawful activities and to combat crime;
- use for marketing purposes; and
- make reports to any regulator or supervisory authority, including those in foreign jurisdictions, if RSPH is required to do so in terms of Applicable Laws.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties, except if:
- we are legally permitted or obliged to provide such information for legal or regulatory purposes;
- we are required to do so for purposes of existing or future legal proceedings;
- we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any agreement we have with you;
- necessary for purposes of preventing fraud, loss, bribery or corruption;
- they perform services and process personal information on our behalf;
- it is required in order to provide or manage any information, products and/or services to you;
- needed to help us improve the quality of our products and services.
If you do not wish us to disclose this information to third parties, please contact us at the contact details set out herein. We may, however, not be able to provide products or services to you if such disclosure is withheld.
Can I share information with RSPH on third Parties?
Where you provide us with the personal information of third parties you should take steps to inform the third party that you need to disclose their details to us and identify us. We will process their personal information in accordance with this Statement. If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm to us that you have their permission to do so and that they are aware of the contents of this Statement and do not have any objection to us processing their information in accordance with this Statement.
What is my personal information used for?
Subject to Applicable Laws, we may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Legal or contractual purposes;
- To manage any agreement or other contractual arrangement or relationship with you;
- To detect and prevent fraud and money laundering and/or in the interest of security and crime prevention;
- To verify your identity;
- To comply with applicable laws, including lawful requests for information received from local or foreign law enforcement, government and tax collection agencies.
Marketing & Data Analytics/Enrichment:
- Data analytics and/or enrichment;
- To carry out analysis and customer profiling;
- To identify other products and services which might be of interest to you;
- To assess and deal with complaints and requests;
- To conduct market research and provide you with information about RSPH’s products or services from time to time via email, telephone or other means (for example, events).
- Where you have unsubscribed from certain direct marketing communications, for the purposes of ensuring that we do not send such direct marketing to you again.
- To help us recover debts;
- To take credit decisions where you have applied for credit or where we have agreed to provide credit to you or to the entity that you represent;
- To request your consumer credit reports or those of any security provider from one or more credit reporting agencies in connection with any agreement between you and an RSPH affiliate and where you direct us to do so, where applicable;
- To use your credit score or other electronic data-check mechanisms when considering any credit application and when providing you with services and products, and verifying any information provided by you and making whatever enquiries we deem necessary from any source whatsoever to establish your creditworthiness or that of the company that you represent;
- To transmit to a registered credit bureau any information concerning your application for credit, our agreement with you, termination and non-compliance with the terms thereof, as well as information about your credit agreement;
Operational & Customer Service:
- To obtain a single view of a customer for all of RSPH;
- To improve your customer experience;
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services;
- To provide you with the services, products or offerings you have requested, and to notify you about important changes to these services, products or offerings;
- To comply with your instructions or requests;
- For operational, marketing, auditing, legal and record-keeping requirements;
- To transfer or process your personal information outside of the Republic of South Africa to such countries that may not offer the same level of data protection as the Republic of South Africa, including for cloud storage purposes and the use of any of our websites. We will however only transfer your personal information across South African borders if the relevant situation requires trans-border processing and will do so only in accordance with Applicable Laws.
- To record, access and/or monitor your telephone calls and electronic communications to/with RSPH, including all forms of notifications, correspondence received by or sent from RSPH (including its employees, agents or contractors) in order to accurately carry out your instructions and requests, to use as evidence and in the interests of crime prevention and to comply with Applicable Laws;
- In circumstances where we wish to protect our legitimate interest, where we have exercised our right to terminate the agreement through a proper legal process as a result of default in respect of any of your obligations under an agreement; or a court order has been granted in our favour for the return of products and/or cancellation of software licenses and/or support services;
- To conduct surveys; and
- To improve or evaluate the effectiveness of RSPH’s business or products, services or offerings.
You can contact us through the following channels:
Chief Information Officer: Guy Imbert, E-mail address Guy.Imbert@rsph.co.za
Our address: Suite 109, Bryan Park Office Suites, 46 Grosvenor Rd, Bryanston 2153
Should you believe that RSPH has utilised your personal information contrary to Applicable Laws, you undertake to first attempt to resolve any concerns directly with RSPH. If you are not satisfied with such process, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator at email@example.com
Can I request information that RSPH has about me?
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”). Fees to obtain a copy or a description of personal information held about you are prescribed in terms of PAIA. Confirmation of whether or not we hold personal information about you may be requested free of charge. If you would like to obtain a copy of your personal information held by RSPH, you are welcome to contact us at Customer Service.